40 hours, Capelle a/d IJssel
Do you have the Power for growth to make Legal ready for the future?
Do you have experience as a Legal Counsel and would you now like to apply this experience to an organisation with multiple entities? Would you like to grow further in the world of mortgages and in the future internationally? If the answer is yes then you might be the Legal Counsel Blauwtrust Groep is looking for!
Your work environment
Blauwtrust Groep connects the housing related supply and demand for residential mortgage funding in the Netherlands through its entities De Hypotheker, Conneqt, Quion and Dutch Mortgage Portfolio Management (DMPM).
With 30+ years of experience Blauwtrust Groep has built up a solid position in the Dutch residential mortgage market by providing consumers, intermediaries and investors with high quality products and services. Each individual Blauwtrust Groep company provides their customers with best in class propositions, aiming for the highest customer satisfaction.
At the same time the sum of Blauwtrust Groep entities provides a full offering from consumer to investor which, from within one independent group, is unique in the Netherlands. This allows us to provide investors with a 'one stop shop' entry to the Dutch residential mortgage market and to provide intermediaries and consumers with high quality mortgage products and services.
Within the Private Equity environment we work in, we have the ambition to build and grow further, the Netherlands is not our limit. More and more international ambition and growth by merger and acquisition will boost your development too.
The holding company BTG sets up group-wide strategy, goals and parameters in order to give guidelines to the subsidiary companies and to serve them with the appropriate support in, amongst other things, accounting & financial control, group control, compliance, audit, legal and privacy.
We have an informal working atmosphere in which we think it is important to focus on the development of the organisation as well as the employees. We focus on qualitative results in a qualitative way.
As legal counsel, you will work in a team of 7 FTEs. The legal counsel is part of the BTG Legal Team and reports hierarchically to the General Counsel & Company Secretary.
What will you do?
As legal counsel, you are the expert in the field of legal advice and managing customer complaints in- and outside courts / Kifid in mortgage related cases. You provide solicited and unsolicited advice on matters of the Blauwtrust Groep and its subsidiaries. Your focus area will be the legal aspects of contracts with our clients and handling of customer complaints. Group activities broadly comprise consumer financial advice and intermediation, originating mortgages, insourcing portfolios and supervising and reporting on these portfolios. Portfolio includes 250,000 loans and is supervised on behalf of national and international financial institutions. Challenges and opportunities enough for you?
In short, as a medior legal counsel
- You will part of a professional legal team of 7 FTEs;
- You advise and support in the field of financial law, mortgages, contract law;
- You proactively identify (potential) legal risks regarding contract partners and business processes;
- You take care of the content and design of model documents, model contracts and general terms and conditions;
- You represent our corporate clients and group labels in court and Kifid;
- You represent and/or support the organization during (legal) negotiations with corporate clients and suppliers and private clients;
- You contribute to the awareness of legal risks and visibility of Team Legal within the organization;
- You work closely with Risk, Compliance and Audit, both at BTG and subsidiary level.
What do you need for this position?
As legal counsel, you combine your critical and independent view with a proactive "hands-on" mentality. BTG is growing and is therefore on the move; you fit into such a working environment. You think in solutions and you know what, when and how to delegate. You are a solid conversation partner, you can connect, prioritise and switch quickly. You know how to turn analyses into risk reports like no other. This enables you to inform and connect your stakeholders. You are a team player who knows how to strike the right chord with a change mentality.
You have an academic working and thinking level (completed academic training in Dutch Law, preferably supplemented by a Grotius course, Professional Notarial Training at the KNB, corporate lawyer SBB and/or a lawyer internship NOvA);
You have at least 3 years of experience as a corporate lawyer (bedrijfsjurist) or attorney at law;
You have knowledge of financial law (banking, mortgage and insurance law and/or supervisory legislation including the Wft), privacy law and contract law. You have proven knowledge & experience with mortgages and related processes (Experience with handling Kifid cases is a plus).
What do we offer you?
Blauwtrust Groep is looking for real top performers in their profession. Conversely, you can also expect a lot from us. A pleasant, collegial culture with plenty of room for initiative and development opportunities. You will also receive a complete and attractive package of employment conditions, including:
- A compatitive salary based on 40 hours per week & 200 holiday hours;
- Favourable pension scheme, a bicycle plan and the possibility of buying and selling holidays;
- Numerous training and educational opportunities for breadth and height development;
- Flexible working options including working partly from home;
- A centrally located modern office on the edge of Rotterdam and in Capelle aan den IJssel with good accessibility by public transport and ample parking. Our office is close to Rotterdam Kralingse Zoom metro station and the A16 motorway.
Are you the legal counsel we seek? Then email your CV with motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to know more about the content of the position? Then please contact Carien van den Berg - Spruijt, General Counsel & Company Secretary BTG (Carien.vandenBerg-Spruijt@blauwtrustgroep.com).